Application to build executive homes within the Essential Setting of Lydiard Park ………… refused
3 October 2017
Swindon’s planning officers have refused permission – click here to read their report.
- 17 August 2017: Application to build four executive houses within the essential setting of Lydiard Park
- 21 August 2017: Excellent Swindon Advertiser editorial published here
- 30 August 2017: Lydiard Park Heritage Trust Objection sent
- 22 September 2017: Historic England Obects
Swindon Borough Council’s cabinet ratifies the bid assessment teams recommendation to award the Lydiard Park Heritage Trust with preferred bidder status
15 March 2017
We now enter into a phase known as ‘due diligence’, which entails detailed discussions on all aspects of the lease. We expect that to take about six months, after which we will enter into a transition phase where the management of the park is moved, over a period of months, from the Council to the Lydiard Park Heritage Trust.
We will endeavour to keep everyone updated whenever appropriate via this website, our Facebook and Twitter accounts, press releases to the media, email newsletters and by attending relevant public events, such as the West Swindon Forum.
Other Lydiard Park Related Websites
- Click here for the Friends of Lydiard Park website
- Click here for the Friends of Lydiard Park Blog
- Click here for the Lydiard Park website
- Click here for the Swindon Heritage magazine – for lovers of local history
Contact and Newsletter
If you would like to contact us or make a request to be added to our email newsletter (all we need is your name and email address), please send us an email.